EMMAUS BRISTOL – VACANCY FOR VAN DRIVER
In this role as Emmaus Bristol’s Driver you will be an integral member of a small team based in Central Bristol, working for the Business Manager and working with 1-2 others in a van (companions and/or volunteers) to deliver and collect furniture throughout the city.
You will be:
· An experienced driver, with a full (C1), clean UK driving licence.
· Experienced in charity collections or furniture removals.
· Knowledgeable of the Bristol area.
· Adaptable and committed to the Emmaus ethos.
· Comfortable working with mixed teams of staff, volunteers and Emmaus residents.
Your tasking will include:
· Planning and driving routes around the city; to ensure safety and effective use of time.
· Daily checking of vehicle condition (and reporting any problems to the Business Manager).
· Loading and unloading goods on and off the van (using correct manual handling techniques)
· Keeping accurate and clear written records of deliveries and collections.
· Obtaining signed receipts of deliveries.
Commitment, drive, adaptability and strong interpersonal skills are prerequisites for success.
The job will be 32.5 hours per week (5 days per week: Monday to Friday). The pay will be £8 per hour.
If you are interested, please e mail firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for a Candidate Information Pack and Application Form. Please note – CVs will NOT be accepted, application form only.
We plan to hold interviews in mid April 2014 and would like the successful candidate to start as soon as possible.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 4th April 2014.