We are often asked “What is the rate of success at Emmaus Bristol?” Here are some examples of what we call success :
A Companion who
- goes back to live with his Mum.
- bakes delicious cakes for an event, for the delight of all attendees.
- resolves issues with health, drink or debt .
- gets a job and moves to independent accommodation.
- restores his relationship with the children he had lost contact with following a difficult divorce.
- takes part in Solidarity actions by helping with the Soup Run on a Saturday night and helping to stack shelves at the Methodist Centre.
- gains an NVQ in customer care thus adding a recognised skill to his/her CV and benefitting the work of the Community.
- is involved in everyday activities relating to customers in the shop or cooking and cleaning for the Community.
- has the confidence to have an input in decision-making groups within the Community or nationally.
- learns to sail in the Bristol docks, discovering the joy of feeling the wind in his/her sails!
This is what we call “success” at Emmaus Bristol – and what your support helps to achieve.