Donate items – phone 0117 954 0886
We can collect.
We can collect from Bristol and the surrounding areas, such as Yate, Clevedon and Chew Magna up to a distance of approx 15 miles from our shops.
Our shops are how we keep our community going, and we’re grateful for your support.
You can book in a free collection by calling 0117 954 0886 or bring your items to whichever of our shops is most convenient for you. Please be aware that there are restrictions on what items we can accept, whether via collection or on-site drop-off. Please see below for more information.
See maps and opening times.
If you are unsure as to whether your donations are suitable, call us Mon-Sat and we’ll be happy to talk you through what we can and can’t accept.
We also offer a range of house clearance services and you can contact us for a quote on 0117 954 0886, Option 2.
We can collect for free
- Furniture in good re-saleable condition
- Welsh dressers and sideboards, as long as they come apart
- All soft furnishings with clean and attached CE labels
- Beds and wooden or metal bases, but not mattresses or divan bases
- White goods in clean working order with a plug
- Large collections of clothing and bric a brac (if one or two bags please drop off at your nearest shop)
Regrettably, there will be times when we are not be able to accept suitable items because we already have too many, they are not selling or we do not have space. As always, our crew will advise of what can be accepted when they see it. We cannot ever guarantee to accept a furniture donation.
Our shops accept
- Flat screen TVs (with a remote control and at least one scart socket)
- Clean electrical items with attached CE labels
- Toys with a CE mark
- Good quality linen
- Books, DVDs, CDs and records
- Tools and garden equipment
- Jewellery, decorative items and shoes
Thank you for your gift. Last year, through the generosity of people like yourself, Emmaus saved close to 200 tonnes of unwanted furniture and household goods from going into landfill and sold £1000’s of pounds worth of goods to families on low incomes at affordable prices.
These are items that we definitely cannot accept, either due to health and safety law or because we simply won’t be able to sell them on:
- Office equipment of any kind
- Wall units or sideboards that can’t come apart or are simply too large to sell
- Electric beds or armchairs
- Any electrical item that is damaged, dirty or has no CE mark
- Old style TVs
- Gas equipment, gas cookers, electric fires
- Children’s toys or equipment with no CE mark
- Pianos or organs
- Bathroom furniture
- Large exercise equipment
- Mattresses (we can only take bed bases)
- Medical equipment
- Disassembled or flat packed furniture
- Gas bottles, paint, paraffin, petrol, aerosols or other flammable substance
- Any other item that is not in a saleable or fit condition to be sold
If you have something to donate that we cannot take, please look on Bristol Council’s website for further advice.