Donate items – phone 0117 9540886 or 0117 9420226
We can collect.
We can collect from Bristol and the surrounding areas, such as Yate, Clevedon and Chew Magna up to a distance of approx 15 miles from our shops.
Our shops are how we keep our community going, and we’re grateful for your support.
You can either book in a free collection by calling 0117 9540886 or bring your items to whichever of our shops is most convenient for you. See maps and opening times.
If you are unsure as to whether your donations are suitable, call us Mon-Sat and we’ll be happy to talk you through what we can and can’t accept.
We also do house clearances at competitive rates, so if you have a lot of things to clear, contact us to arrange a visit and a quote.
We can collect for free
- Furniture in good re-saleable condition
- Welsh dressers and sideboards, as long as they come apart
- All soft furnishings with clean and attached CE labels
- Beds and bed bases, but not mattresses
- White goods in clean working order with a plug
- Large collections of clothing and bric a brac (if one or two bags please drop off at your nearest shop)
Our shops accept
- Flat screen TVs (with a remote control and at least one scart socket)
- Clean electrical items with attached CE labels
- Toys with a CE mark
- Good quality linen
- Books, DVDs, CDs and records
- Tools and garden equipment
- Jewellery, decorative items and shoes
Thank you for your gift. Last year, through the generosity of people like yourself, Emmaus saved close to 200 tonnes of unwanted furniture and household goods from going into landfill and sold £1000’s of pounds worth of goods to families on low incomes at affordable prices.
Unfortunately there are items that we cannot accept, either due to health and safety law or because we simply won’t be able to sell it on. Please see below for details
- Office equipment of any kind
- Wall units or sideboards that can’t come apart
- Electric beds or armchairs
- Any electrical item that is damaged, dirty or has no CE mark
- Old style TVs
- Gas equipment, electric fires or cookers
- Children’s toys or equipment with no CE mark
- Pianos or organs
- Bathroom furniture
- Large exercise equipment
- Mattresses (we can only take bed bases)
- Disassembled or flat packed furniture
- Gas bottles, paint, paraffin, petrol, aerosols or other flammable substance
- Any other item that is not in a saleable or fit condition to be sold
If you have something to donate that we cannot take, please look on Bristol Council’s website for further advice.