Donate items – phone 0117 9540886 or 0117 9420226
We can collect.
We can collect from Bristol and the surrounding areas, such as Yate, Clevedon and Chew Magna up to a distance of approx 15 miles from our shops.
Thank you for considering donating to Emmaus Bristol. Your gift will help us to make a difference in many ways to the lives of the Companions who come to live in Community here in St Philips.
Below you can see a list of the items we accept, and those we are unable to take.
If you can, please bring your items to whichever of our shops is most convenient for you. They are located in St Pauls & Bedminster. See maps and opening times.
If you are unsure as to whether your donations are suitable, or to arrange for us to collect, please speak to a member of staff on 0117 954 0886.
We also do house clearances at competitive rates. Contact us to arrange a visit.
- White goods
- TVs (with a remote control and at least one scart socket)
- DVD players
- Computers and related equipment
- Bric a brac
For detailed list see below
Sorry we cannot take:
- Washing machines
- Gas cookers
- Young infant items (e.g. prams, buggies, cots, car seats, play pens and high chairs)
- Office equipment of any kind.
- Items must be clean and in a saleable condition.
- Items must be complete and functioning, as we do not repair or replace missing parts.
- Furniture that is upholstered (including mattresses and soft furnishings) must have a current fire label attached.
- Electrical items must be no older than 10 years.
Thank you again for your gift. Last year, through the generosity of people like yourself, Emmaus saved close to 200 tonnes of unwanted furniture and household goods from going into Landfill and sold £1000’s of pounds worth of goods to families on low incomes at affordable prices.
- Good Quality Furniture
- Household Linen
- Computers and related equipment
- Records, CDs & DVDs
- Soft furnishings (Beds, mattresses, sofas etc with a valid 1988 Fire Safety Label)
- Good Quality Toys (with a valid CE Safety Mark)
- White Goods
- Electrical Equipment in full working order
- Hi Fis and DVD players with remote controls
- Televisions with 2 SCART sockets and remote control
- Garden tools
Unfortunately there are items that we cannot accept, for a variety of reasons. Please see below for details:
- Electric Fires with open bars (Do not meet legal requirements
- Gas appliances (we are not Corgi registered)
- Foam backed carpets (fall apart)
- Faulty electrical items (we have no one to repair them)
- Pianos (Health and Safety issue. Too heavy for our van crews to move safely)
- Electric blankets (cannot test and guarantee they are safe to use)
- Upholstered furniture (anything with foam) without correct label. Including headboards, sofas, chairs, footstools, beanbags, and scatter cushions (We must meet all legal and Trading standards requirements – items must comply with the 1988 or 1993 furniture regulations
- Flat packed furniture (Bits get separated or broken, and items become un-saleable)
- Safety equipment (crash helmets, Baby car seats (we cannot test and guarantee the integrity of these items)
- TV sets without a remote control (Cannot retune and test them)
- Soft toys and games that do not have CE labels (items without CE label do not meet legal requirements)
- Large wall units (Too large for most properties, no demand)
- Gas bottles, paint, paraffin, petrol, aerosols or other flammable substance (Health & Safety)
- Any other item that is not in a saleable or fit condition to be sold