Donate items – phone 0117 9540886 or 0117 9420226
We can collect.
We can collect from Bristol and the surrounding areas, such as Yate, Clevedon and Chew Magna up to a distance of approx 15 miles from our shops.
Thank you for considering donating to Emmaus Bristol. Your gift will help us to make a difference in many ways to the lives of the companions who come to live in our community.
Below you can see a list of the items we accept, and those we are unable to take.
If you can, please bring your items to whichever of our shops is most convenient for you. See maps and opening times.
If you are unsure as to whether your donations are suitable, or to arrange for us to collect, please speak to a member of staff on 0117 954 0886.
We also do house clearances at competitive rates. Contact us to arrange a visit.
We can take
- Please ensure your furniture is in excellent condition
- We can take welsh dressers and sideboards, as long as they come apart
- All soft furnishings must be clean and have attached CE labels
White goods and electricals
- Please ensure all white goods are clean, in working order and have a plug
- Flat screen TVs only (with a remote control and at least one scart socket)
- All electrical items must be clean and have attached CE labels
Bric a brac
- Toys must have a CE mark
- Linen in excellent condition only
- Books, DVDs, CDs and records
- Tools and garden equipment
- Please ensure your clothes are in excellent condition
- Jewellery, decorative items and shoes
Thank you for your gift. Last year, through the generosity of people like yourself, Emmaus saved close to 200 tonnes of unwanted furniture and household goods from going into landfill and sold £1000’s of pounds worth of goods to families on low incomes at affordable prices.
Unfortunately there are items that we cannot accept, for a variety of reasons. Please see below for details
- Office equipment of any kind
- Wall units or sideboards that can’t come apart
- Electric beds or armchairs
- Any electrical item that is damaged, dirty or has no CE mark
- Old style TVs
- Gas equipment, electric fires or cookers
- Children’s toys or equipment with no CE mark
- Pianos or organs
- Bathroom furniture
- Large exercise equipment
- Mattresses (we can only take bed bases)
- Disassembled or flat packed furniture
- Gas bottles, paint, paraffin, petrol, aerosols or other flammable substance
- Any other item that is not in a saleable or fit condition to be sold
If you have something to donate that we cannot take, please look on Bristol Council’s website for further advice.